Rachel Kavanagh has helped many people over the years become qualified driving instructors and has helped many PDI’s (potential driving instructors) gain their ADI (approved driving instructor) who were struggling to pass part three with her “PDI Rescue Courses”. She has an excellent pass rate both for learners passing their driving test and also ADI’s (approved driving instructors) qualifying to become driving instructors.
All her PDI and ADI training is done on a one to one basis and is bespoke to the individual. Rachel’s instructor training has been inspected by a senior DVSA examiner, which is done every two years so that she can remain on the ORDIT register. All training is carried out in a professional & patient manner to a very high standard.
“I enjoy this profession as much now as I did when I qualified back in the early nineties, I have seen many changes in the industry over the years.
I strive to keep up to date with all the latest coaching techniques and changes the DVSA bring in.”
- Grade A ADI Approved Driving Instructor since 1993.
- DVSA ORDIT registered (official register of driving instructor trainers)
- EST (energy saving trust) instructor.
- EV (electric vehicle energy saving trust) instructor.
- DVSA Approved Fleet Driver Trainer
- QCF NVQ/BTEC Assessor
- City & Guilds L4 Award PTLLS Teaching Certificate and 7307
- Cardington Advanced Special Driving Test Grade A
- RoSPA Advanced Driving Test Gold
- IAM Advanced Driving Certificate
- BTEC Certificate in Advanced Driving Instruction
- CIEH L2 Award Health & Safety
- (2013) Safeguarding & safer recruitment Assessment
- (2013) Advanced Equality & Diversity Assessment
- LANTRA 4×4 Off Road Driving (Experienced Op)
- Fully qualified British Red Cross first aider at work
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in customer service (QCF)
- NVQ Level 3 Work skills certificate (QCF)
- BTEC Level 4 progressive advanced driver training (higher)
- MSA member (motor schools association)
- Full-enhanced CRB checked
Rachel Kavanagh established Xcel Driver Training in 2001.
She is a grade A Driving Instructor and is on the ORDIT (Official Register of Instructor Trainers). Since qualifying as an approved driving instructor in 1993, Rachel has gained many qualifications with in the driver trainer industry. She has worked for many of the large national driving schools and continues to be a well-respected trainer within the industry.