Part One Training
Part ONE TrAining
- Road Safety precepts and practice
- Rules of the Road
- Driving techniques and handling the vehicle and controls., Use of correct road procedure
- Vulnerable road users
- Teaching techniques and assessment of pupils
- Dealing with pupils who have learning or language difficulties
- Dealing with pupils who have physical disabilities and familiarisation with common vehicle adaptations
- Interpersonal skills
- Correction of pupils driving faults
- Knowledge of basic mechanics of vehicle and maintenance
- Driving for life, beyond the practical driving test
- Scene of accidents
- Driver Testing Procedures and Documentation including the Driving Test Report form
- Other matters as considered appropriate from time to time by the DSA
The main area where people fail part one is due to lack of proper preparation. If you can be disciplined and set aside around an hour a day, you should be successful and the cost will be minimal.
Rachel Kavanagh established Xcel Driver Training in 2001.
She is a grade A Driving Instructor and is on the ORDIT (Official Register of Instructor Trainers). Since qualifying as an approved driving instructor in 1993, Rachel has gained many qualifications with in the driver trainer industry. She has worked for many of the large national driving schools and continues to be a well-respected trainer within the industry.